Saturday, July 21, 2012

Delicate


You used to watch me
curious to know where I traveled
when I got that far off look
writing in my time worn pages.

Letter after letter
forming works of art
holding me in rapture
 
(you always were jealous
of the words).

You listened as I read to you,
captivated
 
(or so I thought)
 
by the tears running down my face,
poems sung
and you never heard a one.

Stanzas written for love,
for sorrow
for a longing you couldn't fulfill...

you knew that didn't you?

You would wait until the last word was spoken
reaching for me
knowing what came next.

Entering me you felt something...

something you couldn't define,
and when I cried out,
you knew it wasn't for you,
and when the last tear
rolled off the pillow

you realized how delicate
I really was...

BAN ©

As promised ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment