Sunday, April 29, 2012

These Strands of Life


This we know: All things are connected
like the blood that unites us.
We did not weave the web of life,
We are merely a strand in it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves.

~Chief Seattle


I struggle so much, I believe we are ripples of effect, what I do to another, I do to myself.  I guess my problem is, though I act with love, many others do not.  This web of life, is constantly pulling, tugging me in different directions, and in reading Hafiz, Tagore, Osho, Gibran...I get it, perhaps it is easier said than done, I try...and each morning I wake I try again, I am growing tired, and I am not sure how much each strand can take, mine is growing thin, what will happen when it breaks.  Is it then I will know what letting go means? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment