Thursday, January 31, 2013

Absolved

Does my darkness scare you?

Or is it my ability to shine my own light,
to expose my demons
that makes you uncomfortable.

You see,

anyone can face the sun,
follow its wisdom
and tout its goodness

but it takes courage
to stare down the shades of deep

in a beam of light,
and welcome them without fear.

What scares me,
is your inability to admit
my darkness is a reflection
of your regret

and I refuse to conceal my shadows
just so you can shine
without guilt.

BAN 1/31/13

1 comment:

  1. My apologies for not being around for...
    er, ages, Beth, but it's been a busy year for me so far. People moving out, house being modernised - and that's just a couple of things! :-O

    Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I'm back. I've missed your poetry - and this is why! Such a dark, soulful and powerful write - and one which I think deserves more than just one read.

    I'll be back again later!

    ReplyDelete