Friday, May 16, 2014

Skinned Knees and Bumblebees

Innocence,

I don't remember innocence,
even in dreams,

a time when freedom
is a taken for granted
by most

to run in the grass,
skinned knees and bumble bees.

Funny how a memory will trigger
a spiral of thoughts,
feelings resurface
and I,

reminiscent of all that was taken from me.

My Mary Jane's ill fitting
for the adult I was forced to become
when I was still too young

to know what was right....

I wake with eyes wet,
just enough to catch the moonlight
to reveal the child still lives,

and waits for the one
who will love her...

BAN 2/16/13

2 comments:

  1. Patience is a virtue even if waiting can seem to take forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I am not used to receiving any comments, I apologize for being so late in saying thank you. You are so right...waiting can seem like forever...

    I appreciate your leaving a reply. :)

    ReplyDelete