Sunday, May 27, 2012

I am responsible...

I am responsible for the energy I bring into any space I enter.  This planet we live upon is vibrational, and the energy I bring into a space can affect the energy of others in the room. 

If we all took the time to ponder on this thought, how much change could be brought about if we all took this responsibility to heart? 

This does not mean we have to be positive all of the time, that is impossible, but I can allow others to know where I am at, and this my friends, allows me to feel what I am feeling, and it lets others off the hook allowing them to know, they are not to blame for how I am feeling.

I teach skills classes in a community mental health agency, I respect my members enough to allow them to know when they enter the space where I am at, to let them know where I am beginning the day.  It has become a daily exercise to let others know where we are emotionally, and when it is put out there, we can let it go, and get down to the task at hand and feel lighter doing so.

Think about it, if I enter a room, I am tired, slept two hours the night before, I was late to work, not fully prepared and annoyed with myself for not being more prepared, when others enter the room, all they see is that I am in a foul mood, I may not be as open and friendly as I usually am, and if I say nothing, they may feel they have done something wrong.  How often do we do this to each other?

When I lay it out on the table, and say, you will have to be patient with me guys, I've had a rough night, it may take me a little while to kick start it this morning, it allows them to help me through, and within a short time, things are back to normal and we are enjoying the time spent together helping each other.  Same goes for others, perhaps if we just meet each other where we are, allow for reflection, clear the space and onward we go feeling much better for owning what we are feeling.

I am responsible for the energy I bring into this space, into any space I enter.  It is a powerful statement. I cannot be responsible for any other, only my own.  I only hope if I keep this in mind, I may be able to impact the energy of others, by allowing myself to be responsible for my own and creating a vibrational space that will allow others to be okay with theirs and together, we can move forward in a positive way. 

Just a thought...hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend.

B.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment