Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dismissed

You think my moral compass is off,
your side long looks
and pursed tones
 
are not attractive.
 
I call you friend
 
(at least I thought you were)
 
I try to feel out your moods,
give you space when you need it,
talk to you when you are open
 
but those split second shifts
cut me to the bone.
 
Here is a smile,
I wish you well
deep within you
 
is the woman I love,
care about deeply
 
but my patience has worn thin
perhaps I should thank you
 
for your dismissal.
 
BAN


Sometimes you just have to know when to say, enough is enough.  As much as I hate to walk away, I have no other choice, friend or not, when one stops contributing to your growth...and you theirs, it is time to go.  I will miss her, but anyone who makes me feel as I feel right now...is not a friend, I wish you love, I wish you success in all you are striving to be, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment