Sunday, May 20, 2012

Take me as I am

I might not be somebody's first choice, but I am a great choice.
I may not be rich, but I am valuable.
I don't pretend to be someone I'm not because I am good at being me.
I might not be proud of some of the things I've done in the past but I am proud of who I am today.
I may not be perfect but I don't need to be.
Take me as I am or watch me as I walk away.”
― Unknown

This is something I needed to see today and something I felt the need to share.  I am all about reminders, I am not perfect, but I certainly don't need to be.  In this life I have learned life is not a fairy tale, those damn books of perfect girls finding their prince charming...we grow up thinking that is how it should be, how we should be.  

Some of us are disappointed when this myth is shattered, we find out those books are a lie, and though it may happen for some, it isn't the dream we all share.  I grew to think there was something inherently wrong with me, I am never the first choice, but it doesn't necessarily mean I am not a great choice.  I may live out my days alone, maybe I won't, but for today I must accept  if someone can't see what I have to offer, it is okay.  

I would rather live my days alone than with someone who doesn't appreciate me just as I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment