Lights dim,
I am
in this space of nothingness...

fullness,

and I am unsure if I am
steady enough
to continue.

I stand,
music in my mind,
song in my heart

eyes closed,
body sways to a rhythm
only I can hear.

My hand over my heart,
I know the  heaviness
will return,

but until it does,
I rest in this moment

of freedom.
 
BAN


I sing.  I am so rooted in music, it courses through my veins.  When I close my eyes, I can find music in all things, life has a rhythm we often miss.  So many things fall into sync, and given half the chance, I find myself caught up in it.  I find it most often when I sing something that touches my soul, I find a place where all else falls away, I am taken to a place no words could explain.  

When the song ends, the music stops, I feel it remain, the echoes of the vibrations that hold me still, in my mind I know it will end, but in my heart...I stay as long as I can,  I enjoy the moment for what it is and it makes all the difference.